Ductless Mini-Split Systems
Is a ductless mini-split heating/ac system right for your home?
Most people throughout the Boston and New England region have heard of ductless cooling and heating systems. You might have even seen those small, indoor devices installed on walls in homes, restaurants and buildings, but you’re probably not too sure if a ductless mini split system is right for your home. Our team has installed ductless mini-split systems, including the popular Mitsubishi ductless mini split system, in homes and businesses across the North Shore.
Here’s why you might want a ductless mini-split system:
- No gas required.
- When installed in the right application, it’s highly efficient.
- No ducts required! Instead, mini-splits distribute heat by blowing it into a room straight from the devices located on the room’s ceiling, wall or floor.
- If needed, they can use a forced air system instead, using a central air handler and a duct system. They can help heat and cool all homes and businesses.
- They're less disruptive to install.
- They allow you to control zones within your home. If you like it warmer in one room, but prefer it cooler in another room, a ductless mini-split system can make it happen.
- In typical applications, installations only take up to 2 days
- 12-year parts and 12-year compressor warranty for residential products.
Here’s why you might not want a ductless mini-split system:
- The up-front cost of a ductless system can turn folks off. For a single room solution, ductless units can be more costly than window units.
- Ductless units aren’t necessarily design friendly. However, many homeowners who had us install ductless systems in their homes report that they completely forget the unit is there.
When is a ductless mini-split system the right application?
In our years of experience helping our neighbors keep their homes and businesses comfortable all year long, we’ve learned that no two situations are identical. That’s why we provide free consultations to show our clients all of their options and help them come to the best decision to meet their needs.
Generally speaking, however, we’ve also discovered that the best applications for ductless mini-split systems include:
- Older homes that lack the capability to add ducting due to insufficient space
- For new additions to a home, such as sunrooms, garage apartments and bonus rooms. Heck, we even suggest man-caves or smoking rooms use a ductless system so that if you smoke cigars, you won’t share the air with the rest of the house.
- Downsizing efforts. For example, if you rarely use several rooms in your home, why not make the main thermostat run minimally, and install a ductless system in your master bedroom and main living area?
- For the ultimate control. If your family fights over the temperature inside your home, you might want to look into a ductless system.
- Adding A/C to an existing home. We’ll be the first ones to tell you that installing a ductless system is an investment. But it’s certainly less an investment than adding ductwork into your entire home.
No matter what you choose, always go with a trusted heating and cooling contractor.
Proper system sizing and installation is absolutely critical to getting the touted benefits from a ductless system.
Your ductless system will never work properly if the system is the wrong size, the wall penetration isn’t sealed correctly, or the sensitive electronics are mishandled.
The extra money you spend to have a pro do the job is worth it.
Get Your Free Consultation Now!
Request a Quote
Our staff will help you determine your needs and will help you better understand all of your options.
*Denotes a required field