The typical furnace has an average lifespan of 16-20 years. Depending on how frequently you have it maintained by a professional, it’s lifetime can vary significantly.
Other than age, how can you know when it’s time for a furnace replacement? These are some signs to look out for:
- Your furnace breaks down frequently
- Your utility costs are rising
- The rooms in your house are heating unevenly
- Your furnace is cycling on and off more frequently than in the past
- Your furnace is making odd noises (like rattling, bumping, clicking, and grinding)
- Your furnace expels a lot of dust, dirt or rust
- You can see cracks, corrosion, or rust on any part of your furnace
- Your home is more humid than usual
Not only is it important to have a working heating system during the New England winter, but it’s important to keeping your family safe. Problems with your furnace can lead to health issues from Carbon Monoxide, dust, and dander.
If you have noticed any of the above signs from your furnace, call Evolved Mechanical today to discuss your furnace replacement options.