What are some reasons to use a tankless water heater instead of a standard storage-type water heater?
Trying to decide whether a tankless water heater or a storage-type water heater is right for your home? Here are the pros and cons of each system.
Tankless Water Heater
- More energy efficient
- Lower utility bills
- Take up less space
- Hot water on demand, which means you never run out
- Longer lifespan of more than 20 years with proper maintenance
- High Initial Cost
- Complicated Installation if you are switching from a traditional water heater to a tankless system.
Storage-type Water Heater
- Low initial cost for system and installation
- Simple to install and replace
- Higher utility bill because they heat and reheat water at a pre-set temperature, regardless of how much or little water you use
- Take up more space
- Can run out of hot water if too many people in your home need hot water
- Shorter life span of only 10-15 years