With a tankless hot water heater, you never have to worry about running out of hot water again! Tankless heaters provide endless supplies of hot water without the need to store gallons of water on your property. This means you have never-ending amounts of hot water at your fingertips; and because this energy-efficient method doesn’t have to store and heat water in a tank, you save money on your utility bill!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Tankless Hot Water Heaters
Before you choose a new Water Heater for your home, it’s important to be educated about your options. Like all heating and cooling solutions, Tankless Hot Water Heaters have their advantages and disadvantages.
- By not storing and heating gallons of water, tankless systems cut down on water and energy waste. This translates into savings on your monthly utility bills!
- With tankless systems, how much hot water you have available isn’t limited by how much your tank can hold. As soon as the heater warms the water, you have an endless supply.
- If you’re looking for a space saver, a tankless system is for you! With no large tank to worry about, tankless systems are perfect for smaller homes.
- Tankless systems have twice the typical lifespan of a tank heating system. They can last up to 20 years!
- Though you will often save enough money on your energy bills to offset the cost, tankless water heaters require a higher initial investment than traditional systems.
- Tankless systems can take a few seconds longer to provide hot water.
Things You Should Know about Tankless Hot Water Heaters
Because they don’t store and heat water constantly like a traditional tank system, the tankless water heater has to warm up enough to heat cold water passing through it. That means that it can take a few seconds longer to provide hot water.
If this is a concern for you, there are tankless water heaters that come equipped with a little internal tank called a buffer tank. Those water heaters cost a little more but provide instant hot water.
Having Heating Problems?
Let Us Help!
Our staff will help you determine your needs
and help you better understand all of your options.